Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Inell and the kids went out this evening so I have the place to myself but I haven't managed to do anything except make up handouts for my kids to fill out in Geography class. SO BORING!! Can I tell you again, I really don't want to teach kids. Maybe highschool would be better. Though I had a scary passing thought today that all teaching might be this bad. That means my last hope for a job could disappear. Of what use will I be to anyone if I don't like anything I could do as a job? How will I pay off those loans without sacrificing half my life to money making labor? Considering another third of my life is spent sleeping there doesn't seem to be much life left.

Okay... I'm just playing around. But it sure would be nice to find some people who would like to pay for me to live in another country, study, and hangout with people all the time. Oh wait... that's mission work! :)

I am so uninspired this evening, geography just saps any interesting ideas or desire to even think. Trying to come up with easy enough language to explain longitude and latitude to a bunch of second graders is taxing my verbal abilities. It would be so much easier if these kids knew how to read and follow instructions and if I had workbook material for them. I discovered today that Faith, the school administrator and their teacher, really doesn't know what to teach them either. They are all at different levels and we already have two parents complaining that the work is too hard for them. It would help if I could get material which explains concepts using vocabulary they understand. Some times I wonder if they can understand me at all. Maybe I should blog some of my geography worksheet for the kids that I spent hours working on today. I could entitle it, My Wasted Life. :)

Wow, I can't seem to think about anything else right now. I need to shock my brain out of this topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home