Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Bug Stories


I am learning to get good at smacking ants out of the way. They are pretty amazing buggers - you can fling them against a wall and a few minutes later they are back annoying you. I still haven't managed to start squishing things with my bare hands or feet. I could never compete with the abilities of the village women. I am sure the art of killing bugs without the use of toilet paper
is one of their many achievements.



I sprayed some Raid on a strange bug and it started to pop up into the air every few seconds, I think it might be trying to turn itself over. Who wants to die with their legs in the air?


When I first got here I just didn't like killing bugs, and I still don't. But I have steeled myself against such a silly emotion. Besides, there are plenty and I am sure when they manage to invade the house in any large quantity, their squirming deaths won't bother me as much. Just wondering what the Buddhists would say about my feeling and resolve to kill them anyway.

I don't understand why whenever I get left alone in a house something goes wrong with the animals. This time it's the bugs. There were not this many bugs in this house when everyone else was around. The two inch roaches have assaulted the boundaries of my home. I find them in my bathroom and kitchen cupboards most often. The best was a roach being devoured by hundreds of ants in my kitchen - while I applauded the ants I stilled killed them all with Raid. I almost stepped on a millipede, at least I think it was one. Long and brown with a hard-ish top, sort of like a potato bug but longer than my middle finger.




When my parents use to leave me in charge for a week it was inevitable that the dog would throw up on the carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home