Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Excluded Again

The Rabbis suck on women's issues just as badly as the church fathers. But since I am not Roman Catholic the only one's who are really authoritative are the Apostles, so I have a lot fewer
misogynists to deal with.

Why have women been excluded from performing the duties of worship? This exclusion is less within the church then in Judaism, thanks to Paul. “…there is no male or female, but all are one in Christ.” Why did God give almost all the duties of worship to the men in His covenant? It leaves me free to give worship out of desire but it also means my worship doesn't really count. Since my worship is not required, what's the difference?
It is a Talmudic dictum that "someone who is not required to perform a certain obligation cannot perform this obligation for someone else.”



Why I have wanted to marry clergy: Because then at least I can be the help
mate of one who is allowed to fulfill the duties that I am denied.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home