Thursday, January 22, 2004

The Sobs of one who is Broken

Okay, I found it, the foundation of all my faith: The assurance that God loves me. What can I do when that is questioned? There is nothing left but duty and trust. “Be it unto me according to Thy word.” Its either that or I chuck Him out. "What profit is there is my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it declare Your truth?"

But the morning comes…

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

And I hear: "The Lord looks down from heaven; He sees all the sons of men... He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works... Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who hear Him, On those who hope in His mercy, To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Or soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy Name. Let your mercy, Oh Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in you." Ps. 30 and 33.

And I go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home