Sunday, December 21, 2003

I am in Toronto!
I don't think I would have come except that it was just a crazy enough idea. Daniel and I had talked about coming to the blog party in Toronto but I was non committal. But when he asked me to come along with him on Thursday night, late, I couldn't resist the craziness of it all. So we left late, drove to Detroit, slept for three hours and kept going. Six hours there and back for a Saturday in Toronto. Some might think it wouldn't be worth it, but beginning with the used bookstore followed by getting to know Gideon Strauss, his delightful and well informed daughters and his genuine and gracious wife, not to mention all the great fellowship with the other thinkers/believers, it is an experience that I wouldn't pass up. And as for thinking about it as a last hurrah with Daniel, its a great memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home