Friday, April 23, 2004

What could it have been?

(from a letter to Stephen)
I got to talk about us today. I hung with a few teachers and Word of Life
staff after school. They taught me to make chapati. The story felt rusty.
I wished that you were their to tell it. It feel like I was missing the
details. They are there for me but I don't have the words to describe them
all. It was great just having someone who wanted to listen about you. One
of the girls likes poetry so we are talking about arranging a poetry evening
this next week. The others like novels so we talked about books and food
and men. Pritty basic for a gathering of girls. I had a blast just
laughing. While I like principles I don't like feeling trapped by them.
Some times when I am with the missionarys I feel like I am on the verge of
messing with one of their principles. It puts me on edge. But with these
women (Kenyan and they're all around my age or a bit older) we laughed and I
teased and we relaxed.

Africa with firends... its a shame I'm leaving. Things could really be
great here in another month. By then, I could have friends. If I do this
again, without you, I want to live with a group of girls instead of with a
family. You get to know people a lot faster when you live with them.
Living with singles alows for a lot more crazy fun.

So, dearest friend, I wonder how all the feelings of these past months would
change if you had been with me. I think I could have felt really at home,
rather quickly. But its good to know that friends are out there even across
these culture lines. I really enjoy all this. Every bit of the differences
here hold some delight, even the annoying ones.

Dancing (without music so I don't scandalize to many :) hee hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home