Friday, April 23, 2004

Homeward Bound - where ever that is.

I am still in the post college uprooted position and it appears I will be for at least another year. While my permanent address is still Scottsdale AZ, it's only home because my folks are there. Besides them there is no one left in the Phoenix area that I relate to. But despite my lack of attachment to the city, I will be there this summer because of my attachment to my family. Admittedly, there isn't much prospect for philosophical conversation, not that I have really had much in Africa either, but the enjoyment of getting to know my almost grown up brother Ben and talking to Jameson, the baby who didn't have coherent thoughts when I left five years ago, and getting a chance to lend support to my parents, makes going home a good idea.


I am actually headed that way much sooner then I originally imagined. I am ending my time in Uganda on May 5th, flying to England and arriving in the USA on the 6th. I had originally intended to stay here until mid-summer but because I need to get a summer job that pays (so I don't turn into a waif while in England) and because my mom has been stressed lately with full time school, work, and the trials of my younger brothers, I am leaving Uganda as soon as the school term ends.

I plan to make a stop over in Michigan for a few days on my way south. I am looking into possible rides from Hillsdale to Arizona post graduation. Coming in on the 6th should put me in Hillsdale in time for the graduation celebrations which I plan to crash. If any of the alumni were thinking about revisiting old haunts, I would love to see you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home