Tuesday, October 21, 2003

My Historic Identity
The reinterpretation of the past is not a negation. How can I negate that which has formed my being? I do not deny my past but neither will I live for it. It exists only in so far as it exists within me. It is in my present that there is reality. The past and the people in the past have participated in my being, we have mutually identified in shared worlds. The worlds will change as the people come and go. My opinions and interpretations of my past world have changed and will change, but the formation of my being, the lessons learned, provide the continuity with now and with tomorrow.

So don't try to tell me I am being inauthentic. Don't tell me that I am being dishonest. I am alive in my present, what of it?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home